Let me count the ways….
And tummy troubles… oh yes. I’ve had food poisoning about two times in the last three years and it is an awful experience, laying me out for approximately 24 hours. Usually, it’s about 12 hours of sickness and 12 hours of exhaustion, fever, nausea until slowly easing back into regular life. Last weekend though, this was not the case! The food poisoning hit very suddenly and we had just eaten a lunch of leftover take-out. (Now, you know we are really picky about the food we eat, so there aren’t a lot of places we frequent. I am disappointed to have such a bad experience at one of my “safe places”.) Running to the bathroom, I was sweating, overheating and nauseated; the room was spinning and panic was setting in. I could not find relief from it. I threw a cold, wet towel over my face begging for it to stop, and finally, I called for my husband to bring me peppermint oil. I couldn’t even think straight as I struggled to open the cap and rub the oil on my stomach. I tried to smell it, but I couldn’t stand smelling anything. Within minutes, I felt relief. The intensity of the nausea and dizziness had dissipated, just enough that I wasn’t hyperventilating anymore. Grateful, I rubbed more on my stomach. The heat was leaving my body and going to straight to my stomach. No longer sweating, I crawled into bed. I fell asleep and when I woke up, I was weak, but not nauseous. I was even able to eat dinner that night. Unheard of!
- Improves symptoms of IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) (see this study where it helped 75% of children)
- Antiviral (this study shows its effects against herpes simplex)
- Antispasmodic (in this study it’s used during endoscopies)
- Improves taste & smell (inhale before eating)
- Supports liver and respiratory systems
- Improves concentration, attention and mental sharpness (read this fascinating study)
- Triggers sensation of fullness; affects brain’s satiety center (see this study)
- Boosts exercise routines (read more)
- Soothes headaches and head pressure (rub on temples)
- Improves energy (rub on neck and shoulders)
- Relieves digestive upset (rub on abdomen)
- Reduces bruising (rub directly on bruised area)
- Reduces swelling & chronic inflammation (rub on unbroken skin)
- Relieves arthritis & tendonitis pain (rub on affected areas)
- Reduces sore feet (rub on feet mixed with your favorite lotion)
- Deters pests (our organic pest guy uses organic peppermint oil to spray everywhere!)
Let’s use it:
Diffuse or inhale it.
Dilute it and apply topically.
Drink it in water or tea.
Read more about why we choose Young Living oils ONLY.
If you’re ready to sign up and begin using essential oils, CLICK HERE and use Sponsor ID & Enroller ID: 1414775. Your body and mind and spirit will thank you.