Frankincense is a miracle worker. I've seen it listed in many skin care home remedies and then looked up the price (of a therapeutic grade oil) - OUCH. It's pretty pricey! I wondered why. Not only is it incredibly valuable, derived from the hardened gum resins obtained by tapping the Boswellia carteri or Boswellia frereana in Africa, India or the Middle East, it's miraculous.
- Superior to chemotherapy (killing late-stage ovarian cancer cells)
- Able to suppress cancer cell viability (in bladder cancer)
- An anti-inflammatory
- A viable treatment for asthma
- An emenagogue (reducing obstructed and delayed menstruation, helping PMS - because of this it is not recommended for pregnancy)
- Useful for skin disorders
- A helpful treatment for gastroenteritis
- Considered a holy anointing oil for religious ceremonies
- Elevating to the mind
- An antiseptic
- An astringent
- An antacid (speeds up digestive juices and movement of food through intestines)
- A carminative (eliminates and prevents gas from building up in the body)
- A cytophylactic (anti-aging)
- A diuretic
- A tonic - toning and boosting all the systems of the body
- An anti-depressant
- Good for uterine health
- A sedative - great for insomnia, stress, anxiety, anger, and high blood pressure
- A pain reliever - great for headaches, toothaches, body pain and fevers
- A healer of respiratory issues - from bronchitis to congestion
- Stress reducer
This is an incredible oil to have on hand in your home. You can put it in capsules and take it as a supplement to get a lot of the internal benefits mentioned above. Young Living also makes a supplement called Longevity that contains frankincense (as well as clove, thyme and orange).
We currently use frankincense in our diffuser at night and sometimes on the bottoms of our feet. I rub it on wounds for quick healing and smell it frequently to lift my mood and reduce anxiety.
Ready to try it?
Go here and enter the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID 1414775. Enter your personal information, select Wholesale (it will save you 24% off the retail price), and choose the Premium Starter Kit. You can bypass the Essential Rewards Kits (they're optional) and you'll be well on your way to experiencing all these benefits and more! (If you do decide to do Essential Rewards, you can sign up at any time, spend $50 a month and save on shipping while gradually building your medicine cabinet arsenal for every ailment imaginable).
Read more about why we use ONLY Young Living in our home here.
The Essential Oils Pocket Reference is just that: Essential. If you sign up through me with the purchase of the Premium Starter Kit, I will send you this book as a Welcome Gift. You may also purchase it through this (affiliate) link below: