Ladybugs on a Log (Zucchini & Cherry Tomato Bake)
- 1 Giant Zucchini (or several small ones) sliced lengthwise as thin as possible
- several cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10+ oz chevre (goat cheese) or other soft cheese
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- Italian seasonings (I used oregano, basil and parsley)
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (we use yogurt cheese with garlic)
Coat the bottom of your 9x13 glass pan with coconut oil (or other high heat oil). Place one layer of zucchini slices down on the bottom. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and Italian seasonings.
Mix the chevre and eggs together until it forms a creamy cheese. Add spices to the mixture. Spread about a third of the mixture on the first layer of zucchini and top with halved cherry tomatoes. Repeat until your last layer on top is cherry tomatoes.
Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
Bake 45 minutes at 375* covered with foil. Remove foil for 15 minutes.
Prepare for liquid at the bottom of the pan. Perhaps a lot! I actually tipped my pan on its edge over the sink and drained what I could carefully without dumping my creation down the drain. This is the price I paid for quick and easy. Also notice there's no jarred sauce. The cherry tomatoes provided all the juiciness needed. I'm sure marinara sauce wouldn't hurt, but we didn't need it. Let me know if you try it! :)
Are you following me on Pinterest? Facebook? Please do!