In case you're looking for some helpful hints, like I was, here are my Top 5 Toddler Travel posts!
- Kula Mama gives us my #1 post: 4 Healthy Tips for Traveling with Kids (I'll be taking lots of her advice - especially on what to pack in my backpack!)
- The Kitchn tell us What Snacks to Pack for the Plane (Honestly, I've been buying snacks here and there for weeks to prepare. Having special treats is my secret weapon - wish me luck!)
- Holistic Squid shares How to Survive Air Travel with Kids (I like the idea of wrapped gifts to unwrap as the flight goes on.)
- The Blessed Nest offers an entire timeline to get us prepared in Pre-Trip Prep for Flying with Toddlers (I'm happy to see that I've done most of this, including the house-cleaning!)
- Mom.me had me at "throw those rules right out the window" in her post Tips for Traveling with Kids (You can bet I will have the iPad, LeapPad and iPhone charged and ready!)
I made Thieves spray to spray our throats, necks, hands and the airplane seats. It's simple!
In a 2 oz dark glass bottle put:
- 1/2 teaspoon witch hazel
- 10-15 drops of Young Living Thieves oil
- distilled water to fill the bottle
I already tested it out. Smells great and I'm so confident in its ability to keep us healthy!
My carry-on will only have the Thieves Spray, a few drops of Joy in a small rollerball bottle and my small 5 mL bottle of Peppermint. I'm hoping there will be no problems getting through security with these!
I'm sure I'll have a lot to add once I've actually completed my first flight(s) with my toddlers. Can't wait to share with you all! Wish us luck!